House of Harlow goes heavily retro for a pretty little

female hand bags
When we talk about a bag having retro influences, we usually means that it harkens back a couple of decades – the 50s, the 70s, something like that. If a company is going really retro, maybe it even references the roaring 20s. Rarely, though, does a bag get all medieval on us like the House of Harlow Rey Bag does. This little velvet pouch has a slightly Renn Faire vibe to it, right? Are you digging it? (And yes, I know I’m mixing my eras here. The Renaissance was after the Middle Ages. I know!)

Against all odds, I think I’m down with this look. I love intricate hardware of almost any kind, and this design definitely ticks that box, plus its small enough that the velvet won’t overtake your entire look. Everyone expects you to be carrying something thoroughly sharp and modern, but sometimes, the chicest thing you can do is turn others’ expectations on their heads. Sub in this bag for your average envelope clutch, and I bet more than one person will ask you about it. Buy through ShopBop for $148.